Monday 6 September 2010

UK’s motor vanity fair (18) [Bâlciul deşertăciunilor cu motor din UK]

I hadn’t heard anything about this Panther Kallista (made by Panther Westwinds) before going to the UK, nor have I ever seen another apart from this one, that I photographed somewhere near Trafalgar Square.

Nevertheless, I can undoubtely say that this is one of the most beautiful cars I have seen in my life, and – to my utmost surprise! – second hand versions are not prohibitely expensive.

Some evidence: £ 5, 750 (production: 1983/ mileage: 64,000); £ 6,950 (1984/78,726); £ 7,800 (1988/50,000), plus a not-so-cheap one – £ 16,500 (1979/7,100).

Like any respectable brand, Panther also has several car clubs (here, here, here), and all I can say it is pretty likeable… as an expensive toy :-)

[For all the episodes of this series, and all the posts on this blog go to/Pentru toate episoadele din această serie şi toate postările de pe acest blog mergi la: Contents/Cuprins]

No comments: